Vision Media is a powerful multi-media company delivering marketing content and collateral direct to key audiences. With a rich tradition in the entertainment industry, we specialize in physical and digital media, displays, and events. Vision Media serves as the back office, warehouse, and conduit to help publicity, distribution, and marketing departments execute on campaigns, digital initiatives, and consumer-based projects.
Director of Development
United States - Remote
Vision Media is looking for a Sr. Director of Development to lead a team of talented engineers focused on enhancing the Vision Media video streaming platform. This individual will collaborate with key business leaders to align solution roadmaps and the delivery of projects with corporate strategy and organizational objectives. Prior experience managing a mobile application development pipeline is also a plus. The Sr Director of Development will also work closely with the SecOps team to ensure that application security is maintained across various sectors of the business.
- 4+ years of development experience
- 2+ years of management experience managing a Software Development team
- Experience working with NodeJS, MongoDB, Redis, and AWS
- Concrete understanding of SDLC methodologies and experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience managing multiple projects at one time
- Experience with Git, JIRA, and Slack
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines. Prior knowledge of Travis CI is a plus
- Experience with Docker containers. Prior knowledge of Kubernetes environments is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills, openness to collaborate, and a strong competency for working remotely
- Prior experience working with video streaming applications is a plus
- US-only telecommuting position; Must be available during business hours in Pacific Standard Time
- Lead daily scrums with the development team
- Review pull requests submitted by developers to ensure features and/or bug fixes are implemented properly
- Manage the release schedule and work with DevOps to perform upgrades of a video streaming platform
- Assist developers with blockers they may encounter during software development
- Work with Executive Stakeholders to derive road maps for the direction of mobile app development across Roku, iOS, and Android
- Assist QA with any question that arises during testing of JIRA tickets
- Assist DevOps in troubleshooting software-related performance issues and/or deployment-related issues
To apply for open positions or introduce yourself to Vision Media, please email your resume along with the Job Posting and Description to email@example.com.